Legalize the Lettuce!

The lettuce is the answer to all, well most of our problems when it comes to job opportunities and to help athletes recovery much quicker.
   
     To start, the job opportunities will be booming around the states who have already legalized it, of course there will be background checks and certain age restrictions for the opportunity to grow or sell Marijuana. None the less, there would a professional stance to organizing a store or hospital that is completely in control by the government and a certain percentage of taxes will go towards the means of those who struggle with the addiction of actual drugs that can harm themselves or others.

   Furthermore, being used as a medicine to help ease the injury of an athlete would be a great way to incorporate this medicine to help recovery the athlete to get back on the field as quick as possible. Of course the type of injury will need to be assessed and on top of that, it does not always have to be the Marijuana that will save the day. With faster recovery, we will be able to see more athletes on the field and healthier through the impact of this "dangerous drug" called Marijuana, AKA The Devils Lettuce.

I believe it should be legalized, not because I am a growing young adult try to explore the world before I reach adult hood without any good memories to tell, It would incredible to see jobs actually forming around the states to produce, grow and sell marijuana in hospitals or stores for those who need it most. I wouldn't mind a try myself, If I meet criteria in which the government will make, then I wouldn't mind Marijuana being my savior for injuries or a job to make money in.

 

Comments

  1. Dude!!!! When I first read the title of your post I was like “lettuce??????” But as I began to read your post I understood what you were talking about. I had never heard this term “lettuce” to refer to the other greens, hahaha, but it sure got my attention. Whether it was intentional, to get the reader’s attention, or not I say it worked perfectly, so good job on that. As far as your arguments I would suggest you say more on that, defend your argument. Give further explanations as to why it should be legalized. Maybe talk about the health benefits it has, how it used to be legal back in the days, among other things. Other than that I truly see potential in your writing and I appreciate you sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The issue of marijuana has intrigued me in the past years. For as long as I had even heard of the existence of the drug, I’ve heard arguments mostly on the pro side of the issue. It’s rare that someone will come out on the undeniably pro-weed internet to excoriate the supposed ill effects of marijuana. After all, we’ve come a long way since scare-mongering movies like “Reefer Madness” attempted to showcase these so-called dangerous effects in an unintentionally laughable fashion. And the article “Legalize the Lettuce!” by Matthew Serpas is no exception to the modern-day ideas about weed.

    In the article, Sherpas extols the virtues of a well-regulated and legal marketplace for weed. He argues that the popularity of the drug combined with the taxes that the government could levy on its sales would be beneficial to those governments. An aspect of this taxation argument that took me by surprise, however, was the idea that a certain portion of the tax revenue should go towards a program helping those addicted to more perilous narcotics like cocaine or heroin. This is quite a clever idea that I haven’t heard before and, if it were successfully implemented, would be of great benefit to hurting portions of society.

    Further, the author expounds on the idea that marijuana could be used to assist injured athletes. This is another idea which I have not heard, and for that matter have not researched, but it would not surprise me that a relaxing stimulant such as marijuana could be used to soften the pain of athletic injury.

    Still, I do think that there are some potential downsides to the legalization of weed that the author does not mention. Recent studies of marijuana, which were unable to be performed for decades due to the unrelenting bias against weed by the government and society, have shone a light on oft unmentioned issues.

    The largest of which, and the most concerning, is the connection that weed might have toward the development of mental health issues. For instance, some studies have shown that those who have a predisposition of long-term psychosis could have it made worse with marijuana. In addition, multiple alarming studies have constantly found an unusual link between the development of psychosis and those that use weed frequently.

    Of course, these studies are still in the preliminary stages due to the aforementioned study restrictions. Even still, they seem to tell us we should tread somewhat carefully on this issue, or at the very least, take seriously how we might prevent these problems while still retaining the benefits of weed legalization.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment